community | The Hum Sum

The Hum Sum Forums

***Please note: Visit cdc.gov, who.int or your doctor for medical advice. These are public forums on environmental solutions and any information here about Covid-19 is to be taken as purely conversational.***

Notifications

I want to donate hair  

(@calypso)
Bronze Registered
17/06/2019 1:53 am  

Please let me know how to donate?

alpy
(@alpy)
Bronze Registered
17/06/2019 9:46 am  

Hi! I have 6-inch hair to donate, and I would love to contribute to your org....I must be missing something b/c I can't find info on the site giving instructions on donations. I would need to send it by mail. Thanks!

Best wishes, 

Trisha Beltz

<email edited out, logged - admin>

<phone number edited out, logged - admin>

ReplyQuote
(@deputyclerk)
Bronze Registered
24/07/2019 10:49 pm  

I donate mine to wigsforkids.org and their requirements are that the hair by completely dry to prevent mold and/or mildew growth; that it be secured with a small rubber band; and placed in a ziploc bag and mailed. I know this isn't wigsforkids.org, but maybe the mailing protocol will assist you. Good luck and best wishes!

ReplyQuote
(@bettymatteroftrust-org)
Admin
23/08/2019 9:43 pm  

Hi Great! Please go to the main menu. under My Dashboard you will see My Exchange and you can post a gift under Clean Wave - hair Fur donations.   You can also post anything else you might want to get rid of.     This system is in Beta and being updated all the time. Please send any feedback so engineers can make it better and better.

ReplyQuote
(@merjb)
Bronze Registered
23/10/2019 8:25 pm  

I followed the instructions:

"Hi Great! Please go to the main menu. under My Dashboard you will see My Exchange and you can post a gift under Clean Wave - hair Fur donations.   You can also post anything else you might want to get rid of.     This system is in Beta and being updated all the time. Please send any feedback so engineers can make it better and better."

Now what happens?

Do you send me an email with an address to send the hair to?

Does anyone know? I live in Haiti and am coming to the US for a very short stay and wanted to post this ASAP.

Gratefully,

ReplyQuote
(@fjtufvander)
Bronze Registered
05/12/2019 11:05 pm  

What is the address to send hair for donation?

ReplyQuote
(@claire)
Bronze Registered
10/02/2020 6:58 pm  

Yes recipients will request your waste fiber donation and message you their address. We have different felting locations and there can be emergency oil spills as well.  All waste fibers are currently being requested within 72 hours at this time.  Donors of waste fibers generously mail in the fiber at this time. The goal is to mobilize a new waste stream recycling system for these 100% debris free pure fiber collections.

ReplyQuote
(@hairdresser69)
Bronze Registered
11/03/2020 6:07 pm  

@alpy

I would love to donate the hair from my salon I just can’t seem to find where to send it. Please send me the address

ReplyQuote
Share:
X
X
X