This event is co-sponsored by Fossil Free California, 350.org, ShareAction, The Sunrise Project, Center for International Environmental Law, and DivestInvest Network.
Climate change is upending the traditional understanding of “fiduciary duty” for institutional investors. In addition to considering climate-related financial risk to their portfolios, pension fund managers and insurance company investors around the world are coming to realize that their “duty of care” includes working to provide a livable future for their beneficiaries.
Panel 1: A conversation about fiduciary duty and climate change: The challenge for institutional investors
- Keynote and moderator: Bill McKibben, 350.org
- Catherine Howarth, CEO, ShareAction
- Ellen Dorsey, Wallace Global Fund
Panel 2: It’s happening! The shift to a new understanding of fiduciary duty
- Moderator and Keynote: Dan Zarrilli, Senior Director, Climate Policy and Programs, New York City Office of the Mayor (tentatively confirmed)
- Lisa Ann Hamilton, Center for International Environmental Law
- Peter Bosshard, Sunrise Project Finance Program Director (sponsor of SF insurance divestment resolution)
- California State Senator Ben Allen, author of SB 964
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
David Brower Center
2150 Alston Way, Berkeley, CA 94704